Saturday, May 05, 2007

Chicken Rice & Mahjong Sesh

It's been a while since I played mahjong. Half a year, maybe? So I got back into it, and, like a seow char bo, had 3 sessions of it in a span of the week.

Today, we started at 4pm. Alien Head, The Officer, The Officer's Wife and myself. Birdkeeper had very kindly agreed to prepare dinner, so he was busy in the kitchen from 4pm. All this while, from the mahjong table, we could hear the sound of sharpening knives and the clanging of pots and pans until we whiffed the fragance of the food he had whipped up at 7pm.

Here's what the chef made...


Chicken rice. All from scratch, except for the century eggs which he had gotten from the famous Yung Kee in Hong Kong. I don't usually eat the yolks of these eggs, but these were surprisingly odourless!

And then of course, there was one of his signature dessert - Chocolate Torte. Yummers.

I know I'm trying my luck, but I'll ask again anyways..."can give recipe or not?".

2 comments:

Shades of Pink said...

Sheesh. Sowwwy I gatecrashed last night.

=)

But it was all good.

Purples said...

No gatecrash what. You told Birdkeeper you were coming right? And we kept your share anyway. We eesh nice people.

My Middle Child

My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...