It's a Sunday, I'm out of the country, and I'm in church. Rare. Usually, when I'm out of town, I tend to miss Sunday mass. However, because Notre Dame in HCMC is a tourist attraction, plus it was near our hotel, we made it a point to attend mass. Part of it was in Vietnamese, and the other parts in English.
After mass, RT and I met Kayestercan and Dr RMM to head to Chinatown for lunch and some shopping. We had so much to eat, we could hardly move! But the $80 worth of steamboat we had was yummy. Here are just some of the dishes we ordered.




After mass, RT and I met Kayestercan and Dr RMM to head to Chinatown for lunch and some shopping. We had so much to eat, we could hardly move! But the $80 worth of steamboat we had was yummy. Here are just some of the dishes we ordered.
Shopping was quite a disappointment. The main shopping building was smelly, stuffy and didn't offer anything interesting. Plus hardly any bargaining could be done. A total waste of time, I felt.
Anyway, we headed back to Ben Thanh Market (yes, again!) and then back to the Dong Khoi area for some last minute shopping. Then RT and I headed to the backpacker's area to collect the Ao Dai I took measurements for just yesterday. Very pretty. Probably one of the very few highlights of this trip.
Anyway, we headed back to Ben Thanh Market (yes, again!) and then back to the Dong Khoi area for some last minute shopping. Then RT and I headed to the backpacker's area to collect the Ao Dai I took measurements for just yesterday. Very pretty. Probably one of the very few highlights of this trip.
1 comment:
Post a pic of your Ao Dai!
Post a Comment