Thursday, March 08, 2007

Why Do I Run?

I got up extra early this morning and ran around the estate. Think I only covered a pathetic 2km.

For those who know me well, you'd know from the 2.4km runs in school that I really dislike running. Somehow though, with some help and pushing from RT, and a great pacer like Shades of Pink, I started including it in my exercise regime this year. Ok, ok for those who know me well, it's really a "feel-like-it-then-exercise" regime.

So why do I run when it isn't my favourite sport? Here are some possible reasons:

1) People have told me that it's a great way of losing weight.

2) I've been told that it helps tone the butt.

3) Some say it's a good way to work out the whole lower body.

I figure these reasons are valid, but doesn't running also bring about huge thighs? I've also heard that it's not good for the knees.

After giving it some thought, I realise that the real reason why I run is just so that I have a justification to eat more. :)

1 comment:

miss ene said...

I hate running too. Boo. Why not try other exercise like swimming or er, dancing (not the clubbing type!)? Might as well have fun while exercising. That has always been my mantra :)

My Middle Child

My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...