Friday, August 14, 2009

A Week of Confinement

I have heard horror stories about the whole confinement period.

Mine, somehow, has been pretty ok. Food is really not bad, breastfeeding isn't all that painful (yet), showering in the herb water is ok too. I just wish I could use soap. (Yes, I bathe without soap!). And today, my confinement nanny gave me the go ahead to wash my hair. (Yes, I haven't washed my hair in 8 days!)

Perhaps I was lucky to get a good confinement nanny. This is one of those "heng-suay" things, and I guess we were among the heng ones.

Now the only thing left is for my stitches to fully heal. Then I can embark on my post natal massage, move about more conveniently and get rid of that rubber tyre I rely on to sit.

Exactly a week ago, Kieran was born. Here's a pic of him after a week.

No comments:

My Middle Child

My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...