It was a good thing I decided to take leave for today's check up, because I got my blood test results back and had to see a haematologist for my possible Protein S deficiency.
Beanie, at 34 weeks, weighs 2.35kg. Two weeks ago, he was 1.8kg. 500 g in 2 weeks seems quite abit, especially since I have another 6 weeks to go. But baby's doing well, so nothing to worry about in that aspect.
After reviewing Beanie, Dr Tan gave me my blood test results and I went on to Mt E to see the haematologist. She explained the situation about the consequences of Protein S deficiency, the precautions that can be taken, etc etc.
To cut the story short, I had to make a decision of whether I wanted to take the daily jabs or continue with the oral medication. "It's a 50-50 chance" she said.
My dilemma comes in because the source of my current low Protein S count cannot be determined. Pregnant women generally have a lower count. So my lack of it could be inherent or pregnancy-caused. Which I currently do not know as I did not take a test prior to my pregnancy. Doc's advise was to get tested once and for all 3 months after delivery, so that we would know for sure. "So please, try not to get pregnant again within 3 months of your delivery" she said. I don't think that is a problem though. (How some get pregnant so fast after delivery beats me, you know.) Anyway, as RT was out of town, she told me to go back and consider if we wanted to proceed with the jabs.
Honestly, which kiasu parent living in this part of the world will decided AGAINST it? Who wouldn't want the peace of mind knowing that you had done all you could to prevent the worst from happening?
So without even consulting the husband, I already knew what our decision would be. So I fixed for another appointment for this Saturday to pick up the jabs and learn how to administer the jabs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Middle Child
My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...
-
Sometimes, when I get bored, I get the urge to head to the hairdresser's and get something done to my hair. This time, I decided that I ...
-
Woke up at 4am to catch the finals between Djokovic and Fish. Disappointing. Wanted Fish to win. By the time the match ended, RT was awake a...
-
Caught The Lake House with Shades of Pink last evening. I might as well have spent the time taking the train to Lakeside for a decent dinner...
No comments:
Post a Comment