Monday, July 13, 2009

Pig Specimen

RT and I went for the hospital tour organised by TMC. I don't really have much choice as my gynae only delivers there.

After the tour, I'm convinced that pregnant women are treated just like pig specimens.

They put you in the observation ward till you're ready to deliver. "What is ready?" I asked. "When the doctor says you're ready," came the very unsatisfactory answer. Can you imagine three to four contracting, dilating screaming pigs within the same room? I think it's horrendous.

Then, after you deliver, they tag you, tag the baby, and then wheel you back into the room. (Similar to how they tag pigs by the red chops) I saw this lady being wheeled into the rooms. I think she must have just delivered (most prob by C section). She was still konked out, looking 6 months pregnant! I think that is horrendous too.

The things that happen to a pregnant body. IS. JUST. HORRENDOUS.

And what has TMC become? A Premier Deluxe Hotel? They have 12 tiers of rooms. And believe it or not, a single bedder is ranked 10th. Must be something to do with being listed and having to answer to shareholders.

No comments:

My Middle Child

My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...