Last Thursday was Beanie's 32 week check up.
As per the usual routine, I stepped on the scales to weigh myself and was quite pleased that I had put on a mere 200g since 2 weeks ago. The last time i weighed, I had put on 2.5kg in 4 weeks! Bear in mind that Dr Tan has mentioned that the ideal weight to put on in a month is 1.5-2kg.
So when I went in, she said, "Oh! You only put on 200g in the last 2 weeks?"
And I very proudly replied, "Ya."
"But then again, the last month you put on quite a bit!" she continued.
Then she measured Beanie and concluded that he was now about 1.8kg. The last check up, he weighed 1.6kg. Which means, all the 200g I had put on went to him! :))
She continued the scan and reached his face and said,"There. You can see the eyes and that's the mouth. If he's cooperative, he will show you his tongue."
True enough, a few seconds later, the mouth opened and out came his tongue. So cute la. So perhaps, he CAN hear. Better watch what I say now.
Everything else was good and fine.
Dr Tan then proceeded to prepare my admission letter.
Dr Tan: So Purples, we will go for natural delivery?
Me: Natural meaning no epidural?
Dr Tan: Yes
Me: Oh. I think better have epidural la
She chuckles and says, "But you will have the gas and pethidine jab."
Me: But it's very painful without epidural right?
Dr Tan: No la. 70% of women don't opt for epidural.
(Pause).
Dr Tan: Ok, I will put it down as "KIV on demand". Then you see if you can take the pain. If you really can't then you ask for epidural ok?
Me: Ok.
But I think I will ask the minute contractions hit me.
After the check up with Dr Tan, it was to the phlebotomist to draw more blood for my Protein S test. This time, it was just 4 tubes. But she decided to take 5 just in case. :S
I just hope I won't need to do the daily jabs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Middle Child
My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...
-
Sometimes, when I get bored, I get the urge to head to the hairdresser's and get something done to my hair. This time, I decided that I ...
-
Woke up at 4am to catch the finals between Djokovic and Fish. Disappointing. Wanted Fish to win. By the time the match ended, RT was awake a...
-
Caught The Lake House with Shades of Pink last evening. I might as well have spent the time taking the train to Lakeside for a decent dinner...
No comments:
Post a Comment