Saturday, June 06, 2009

The Fruity Phase

Sounds all sweet and nice huh? Well not quite.

After my gynae check up on Thursday, I decided to go for a prenatal massage. My first one. RT's concern is that they will massage the tummy and will cause unnecessary distress to Beanie, so he's been urging me to just do the leg massage. Mum's concern is, "What if they massage and the baby's head turns and the baby is breech again?". Honestly, I think they know what to do la.

Halfway through it, I asked the Indonesia masseuse, "I very gomok hor?" To which she replied,"Never mind la. Pregnant gomok is ok. After that you do post natal then ok already."

She continued massaging and then added, "Now the body like banana. No shape."

That's the first i've heard that's been used to describe the pregnant body. Banana? Come to think of it, it does resemble a banana la.

Then just yesterday, Ms Anyhow saw my "Banana Body" nickname on my msn and went, "After Beanie comes out, it becomes pear you know!"

Tsk. But she has a point, doesn't she?

As I'm typing this, the next phase following the after-delivery-pear-body just hit me.

Papaya? At certain parts of the body, after breastfeeding that is. Something they don't tell you when they advocate breastfeeding and all its merits.

No comments:

My Middle Child

My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...