It took me a while - 6 months to be exact, to decide that I would get it extracted. Despite the fact that Dr Lee, who happens to also be my secondary school chum, having assured me that it wasn't gonna hurt at all during the extraction. "You don't even need surgery. Just a simple extraction." she said. "Alternatively, you can choose to patch it, but it'd be better to remove it cos it's starting to decay, plus it's hard to clean it as it's all the way back."
That was in June this year.
I finally decided that enough food had gotten stuck in the cavity, and paid her a visit last Saurday.
Purples: "Eh, you sure not pain ah?"
Dr Lee: "No la. Not during the procedure. At most there will be a dull irritating ache a day or two after."
Purples: "Aiyah. Maybe just patch it la. Or do a surgery, since it doesn't require surgery, means it will be easier right if I opt for surgery? You know what I mean?"
Dr Lee: "You siao ah. Do surgery for what? That one gotta cut bone, cut gum you know! That one sure painful"
Purples: "Ok ok. Extract la. How long will it take ah?"
Dr Lee: "15 to 20 minutes."
Purples: "huh? So long ah?"
Dr Lee: "You want your mother to come in and hold your leg? Some kids parents do that."
Purples: "Tsk. No la!"
So she started with the anaesthesia, and tested to see if it still hurt where she tested. And where necessary, she increased the dosage.
Dr Lee: "Ok, I start already ah. If pain you just raise your hand or you say 'ahhh' liddat ok?"
Purples: "Ok ok."
I sat facing her and could see her doing the extraction. In less than ten minutes, it was done! Totally painless! And the whole tooth came out in tact - root and all. Amazing.
You know how we used to study the tooth structure in biology? The enamel, dentine and what-not? And how they made us draw the tooth? It really looks like that lor. Only that in primary school, pulling a tooth comprised tying one end of a string to the tooth and the other end to a door. hahaa.
Thanks to Dr Lee, come Christmas, I'll be eating normally already.
Actually, I was already eating normally on the day itself. I had turtle soup for lunch and Macs (Fillet meal with SHAKER fries!!!) for dinner.
4 comments:
They have legs! :O
Yikes! Are you sure its painless? Did Dr Lee inject into your lips and gums as well?
Just now I got paranoid and brushed my teeth twice, with floss and gargle - yup, all the works in hope I don't have to remove mine..
Ya. The "legs" are the roots of the tooth.
I only got injected on the gum area near the tooth la! Inject lip for what??
It's really painless la. At least my extraction was. How about you ask for GA instead of LA? Then you'd be totally knocked out. :p
I took out 8 teeth at one go. 4 wisdoms and 4 molars.
All got legs, some of them still have the gums intact. After a few days, the gum part starts to rot.
Ms Anyhow
Ms Anyhow, you are very gross. How come the gum also come out? Must be damn painful lor.
Post a Comment