In the course of work, we come across some nice people, some not-so-nice people, some extra-careful-till-it-irritates you kind of people, the call-you-a-dozen-times-in-twelve-minutes kind of people, and the list goes on. In my line of work, one of the worst kinds of people you can encounter must be the bargaining fishmongers. And most of the time, they are the in-betweens, if you know what I mean. And then you get conversations like these... ...
(An excerpt from Digital Curls' conversation with the Fishmonger)
Fishmonger: How much this one?
Digital Curls: $5,000
Fishmonger: Aiyah. That one is standard one la. Can gimme better or not?
Digital Curls: This is really the best deal already.
Fishmonger: Then for the other one, what is the best you can gimme?
Digital Curls: We can work on a 40% bonus.
Fishmonger: Har? That one everybody also get one what! Cheaper la!
Digital Curls: That is really an extremely good package already.
(Now, the Fishmonger decides to switch to a mix of dialect and Mandarin.)
Fishmonger: Aiyah! Zui hao shi ta men bu yao gen ni mai. Zhe me "ngiao ji" (Translation: Aiyah! The best is they don't buy from you. So stingy)
Digital Curls: *speechless*
Frankly, I think Digital Curls would have loved to rebutt back, but in all professionalism, and in her efforts not to degrade herself to the Fishmonger's level, she keeps mum.
My thoughts were proven right in an SMS exchange with her later that evening.
Purples: Enjoy your dinner Ms Ngiao Ji!
Digital Curls: Ha! Don't be na beh!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Middle Child
My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...
-
Sometimes, when I get bored, I get the urge to head to the hairdresser's and get something done to my hair. This time, I decided that I ...
-
Woke up at 4am to catch the finals between Djokovic and Fish. Disappointing. Wanted Fish to win. By the time the match ended, RT was awake a...
-
Caught The Lake House with Shades of Pink last evening. I might as well have spent the time taking the train to Lakeside for a decent dinner...
2 comments:
i used to think only guys are vulgar... u mean girls also can be vulgar ah...
but i like...haha....sometimes it can be so sexy...esp when they mouth "fuck you"! hahahah
CR
haha...nv knew Digital curls could hurl "na beh" ...and i only tot i'm the only one among u all who wld use this hahahah...welcome to the club ladies...hee
Post a Comment