Saturday, June 06, 2009

Beanie's 30 Week Update

30 weeks. Just another 10 weeks or less to go. S.C.A.R.Y.

At 30 weeks, Beanie now weighs about 1.6kg. And his head has turned down already. "But of course it could always turn back again." the gynae said.

Which is better, I wonder. To have a breech baby and be left with no choice but to opt for a C-section, or to have the baby properly engaged head down, have a natural birth, AND still be able to opt for a C-section. I love the thought that the C-section is over in a jiffy with no ten or twenty hour labour, but I worry about the healing process. Natural delivery takes longer (save for some lucky ones) but the healing process is faster. The episiotomy scares me though. How can anyone get cut down there?? Tsk.

And then there's the question of epidural or not. I think just take la. I'm not one of those fanatical mothers who "NEED to feel the pain to really experience motherhood". As it is, I'm already not one of those mothers who LURVE being pregnant. And I'm glad I have friends who feel the way I do. Makes me feel a little more normal.

Anyway, we'll see what happens when the time comes.

Oh. I did mention that he's now about 1.6kg right?

Now i'm wondering where all the other 8.4kg went to. A whopping 8.4kg is no joke leh. Plus I still have 10 more weeks!

6 comments:

Paperman said...

Jia You!

Cheering you on.

Settled on a name yet?

Purples said...

Not really. But I think it's between Keiran and Julian.

Any suggestions?

Paperman said...

Both are very nice. But I'd spell it Kieran though.

Julian sounds archaic, but old world charm lah. He may not like being a calendar though.

Paperman said...

I'll go dig out a few names.

You like macho honcho or lomantic sappy sappy?

Purples said...

Oh it was a typo. Kieran should be KIEran.

Doesn't matter romantic or macho type. Nice sounding can liao.

Paperman said...

Kieran is a beautiful name, but I'm afraid it may break many, many hearts.

My Middle Child

My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...