"Hands here, the right and here's the left. Both kidneys here. The lips, top and bottom. The four chambers of the heart. Here's the left ventricle, and here's the right. And here we have the right atrium, and the left. Brain developing well, we can see the mid section. And the spine, developing well. The pulmonary artery. The aorta. You know the sex? It is very obviously a boy. Good. Baby's of average size and growing well thus far. Still in breech position but that's normal at this stage."
Honestly, I couldn't make out half of the things the gynae was seeing on the scan. The most distinct was the spine. The scan from this angle makes my baby look like a dinosaur.
Anyway, I'm glad I'm already at the halfway mark of the pregnancy.
The terrible first trimester is over. No more nausea and reduced lethargy. No stretch marks...yet. No pigmentation....yet. No water retention...yet. Each day I get my colleague to check out if any varisose veins have developed on the back of my legs. None yet, she says. I have about 3 more weeks before I enter the third trimester. I'm hoping and praying none of these will set in.
As at 30 Mar, my baby weighed 357g and I've put on 5 kg. Bleah. I've never weighed so much in my life.
5 comments:
Great!
Hang in there baby and babe! You're looking good.
(Thanks for sharing that story about sediments though, I thought it was a tad gross, but oh well!)
Varicose veins?
No lah. So young how can?
YOU ARE PARANOID!
Aiyoh. Please just relax.
And enjoy it. Billions have gone through it lah.
People do get varicose veins from pregnancy you know. Regardless of age.
Don't you remember studying that in Bio?
Not you.
Just need to walk it off.
My sis has 3. My mum 2.5. Neither have varicose veins.
How about your mum?
Put your fears to rest lah.
If you get varicose veins, we will pretend we cannot see it.
Ms Anyhow
Post a Comment