It got us to Narita airport ahead of schedule though. Which was probably a good thing as we didnt have to wait long for the Airport Limousine. The Airport Limousine is actually a bus, and it cost us 3000 yen (approximately S$50) each - the first indication of how expensive things were in Japan.
After slightly over an hour's bus ride to Shinjuku Washington Hotel, we left our baggage at the reception as check in was only at 2pm. We spent the next 2 hours or so at Times Square Takashimaya and had a lunch of beef rice at "Song Wu" - one of those vending machine lunch outlets. Lunch was not too bad. Headed back to the hotel to check in, slept for about 2 hours and then headed back out to shop again at Shinjuku area and meet Mother Giao Gui and Baby Giao Gui for dinner. Bought myself a light jacket as when evening came, I realised what I had brought along wasn't sufficient.
Dinner had to be the highlight of the day - extremely yummy sukiyaki at this restarurant in Shinjuku called Na Be Zo. For 1900 yen (about S$30) per person, it was free flow of beef and pork and vegetables for 90 minutes.
After dinner, we headed to Yodobashii to get see if we could get the Naruto masks which RT's nephew and niece wanted. Didn't find the masks, but found these 200 yen toy dispensing machines. We were told Baby Giao Gui was fascinated with the machines, especially the Am Pan Man ones. The Japanese fascination with these machines escapes me, but the fascination with Am Pan Man, I can understand. He's quite cute leh. And I think it's also because I like eating Am Pan (red bean bun). Check our Baby Giao Gui - she looks like a fuji apple! Think it's got something to do with the air in Japan.
No comments:
Post a Comment