Shades of Pink and I decided to go blading this evening before meeting BFC for dinner.
This is the kind of conversation that takes place between a convent girl (BFC) and a china girl (the waitress)....
BFC: We'll have the chicken curry, and...
Waitress: Qing de? (green one?)
BFC: No. Red.
Waitress: Curry qing de? (green curry)
BFC: Red. Red. (nudges me and goes, "eh red how to say?")
Purples: Hong. Hong de curry.
We decided to have dessert and BFC beckoned to the waitress to ask for the dessert of the day.
BFC: Xiao jie, jing tian de tian pin shi shen me? (What's the dessert of the day?)
Waitress: Yu ni.
BFC looks at Shade of Pink and I and we go, : ORH NI.
BFC: Oh. ok.
And so we had orh ni for dessert.
I'm just wondering what BFC thought "yu ni" was. Some kind of Indonesian cake?
Oh ya! Thanks for the present babes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Middle Child
My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...
-
Sometimes, when I get bored, I get the urge to head to the hairdresser's and get something done to my hair. This time, I decided that I ...
-
Woke up at 4am to catch the finals between Djokovic and Fish. Disappointing. Wanted Fish to win. By the time the match ended, RT was awake a...
-
Caught The Lake House with Shades of Pink last evening. I might as well have spent the time taking the train to Lakeside for a decent dinner...
No comments:
Post a Comment