Because I have hit a certain decade of my life, and the need for an identity card update was necessary, I realised that we do have certain bodies which are pretty efficient. No long waiting time. No snaking queues. No directing me from one department to another and answering the same question upteen times.
The crowd there scared me, but ten minutes was all it took to collect my new identity card. Wonderful isn't it? Especially when I was prepared to spend my whole lunch hour waiting for it.
I was asked to provide thumbprints (for BOTH thumbs), sign on three places on a form, questioned about my highest education level (why ah?) and voila! I had my new identity card.
So if I ever commit a crime and become a fugitive, they have all my particulars. Right down to the detailed fact that I am a degree holder, but not with an honours. No running away.
So tell me, with all the efficiency and detailed information on a person, why is Mr Selamat still at large?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Middle Child
My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...
-
Sometimes, when I get bored, I get the urge to head to the hairdresser's and get something done to my hair. This time, I decided that I ...
-
Woke up at 4am to catch the finals between Djokovic and Fish. Disappointing. Wanted Fish to win. By the time the match ended, RT was awake a...
-
Caught The Lake House with Shades of Pink last evening. I might as well have spent the time taking the train to Lakeside for a decent dinner...
2 comments:
He got away because he don't have degree lah...
haha. Yea, you might be right...one of those not academically smart, but extremely street smart. :)
Post a Comment