February 14th used to be a rather big and exciting thing when I was, what, 16? 17? 18?
Today, it passed just like any other day. Any normal working day.
Then I stepped out of the office, and was greeted by the 16, 17, 18-year olds - their hands filled with overpriced roses, chocolates, balloons and stuffed toys, and their hearts and minds filled (psychologically, I believe) with more love than Feb 13 or tomorrow. Hmm. Was it just me? Or does this cynicism come with age? I checked with my friends whose ages fall within the same decade of mine. What's normal from this age group of people is "Why waste money on flowers?" or "Why waste money on a lavish dinner?" or "It's just commercialisation la". Phew! So I'm quite normal.
In any case, I called back the office and asked my colleague, Ah Muay, if anyone had sent me flowers. "Huh? Not yet. You wait long long la" she said.
Then in the late afternoon, my other colleague, Amoy called to say that I had received a love letter from a secret admirer.
"Quick come back and see la. See who sent it." Amoy said.
"You must be the one la! You and Ah Muay. After I call to ask about the flowers right?" I replied.
So anyway, here's my Valentine's Day love letter that was waiting for me at the office....
Compliments of Ah Muay and Amoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment