Monday, October 22, 2007

Star Search

That's where I was last night. Thanks to miss ene, who very kindly offered us tickets. So RT, Shades of Pink and I made our way to Caldecott Hill to render our support to her sister, Jeneen Goh, who had made it through to the semi-finals.

It's entirely different watching it from home and live at the studio.

The atmosphere, for one, is totally different. There were blocks of people with all sorts of noise-making devices screaming their lungs out each time their contestant appeared. miss ene did a great job preparing the posters, banners, whistles, cheers (which we learnt on the spot) and other cheerleading paraphernalia. She even got Jeneen's supporters (including the guys) to come in Jeneen's favourite colour - pink.

The commercial breaks, which seem to take forever when you're at home flew by in a jiffy at the studio. I think it had to do with us constantly preparing to shield our faces (with Jeneen's posters, nonetheless) from being screened on national television every time the commercial breaks came to an end. You never know if the cameras are gonna zoom in on the audience before the stage. And tv's not very kind with the slimming effect.

Jeneen didn't make it to the finals, but she sure came a long way already. And I'm sure she's gained quite a whole load of experience from coming this far.

And Shades of Pink, stop drooling over Mr Tay Ping Hui already la! :p

6 comments:

Shades of Pink said...

=P~~~~~~~~~~~~~

miss ene said...

Eh, you like TPH ah? My sister knows him. I'd ask her to tell him that Shades of Pink is a HUGE FAN.

Slurp.

Tee hee hee.

Shades of Pink said...

Thanks in advance.

Do I get a date with him (and of course Purples) as well?

Purples said...

He's not really my kind of cute.

Your sister knows Takeshi Kaneshiro? If not, Chen Zhicai will suffice.

Pearl said...

chen zi cai your head la purples!

miss ene said...

But CHEN ZHICAI IS MARRIED!!!!!

My Middle Child

My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...