Idioms. Similes. Synonyms. Homonyms, Acronyms. We've all been made to learn all that in the course of English lessons. Today, I shall prove to you that all these learnings have not gone to waste. More importantly, there are truths in them, you know?
Had lunch with Shades of Pink and another secondary school friend, Fi today. It so happened that I bumped into Fi last week at City Link, which happens to be around both our workplaces. So we set a date for lunch. Since Shades of Pink works pretty close by too, I asked her along.
So we touched on the usual catch up topics, until we inevitably reached the "So, who else are you in touch with?" subject. Well, it so happened that she got in touch recently with another of our secondary school friends, and in the process, got in touch with one of our ex relief teachers as well. And in the process, got to know about one of my exs, who was (and probably is, knowing this person's constant need for attention) extremely well connected with quite a number of our secondary school friends. So we talked and talked, and that's when we uncovered some relevations. Ooh! And affirmations to many of our doubts. Ahh!
Affirmation of how true it is that "Birds of a feather flock together".
Anyway, I shall be nice and not mention names or details, for fear of revealing the parties involved. (Then again, I might have already revealed too much just by mentioning the relations. Oopsy daisy. :p) Anyway, for those of you who haven't already figured out who I'm talking about, sometimes, ignorance is bliss. Yet another saying which I'm sure many of us can relate to. :)
Bumping into Fi affirmed yet another saying...."HE works in mysterious ways".
You see, in order to get that "Birds of a feather..." affirmation, I needed to bump into Fi. And bump into her I did. And for her to share the revelation with us, she had to re-connect with that other secondary school friend. And re-connect with that friend she did. And for that to happen, the timing had to be right. And right, it was. Close to perfect. Everything that had to happen, happened over the last week. Amazing isn't it, the way HE works?
I shall leave you with just one more affirmation of an idiom.
Fi and I hardly ever hung out in secondary school. And lunching with Fi never crossed my mind, for the simple reasons that we were never close in school, I didn't know she worked so close by, and the fact that the last time we met must have been like 10 years ago! And she was in another continent for the past 2 years!
Well, everything happens for a reason. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Middle Child
My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...
-
Sometimes, when I get bored, I get the urge to head to the hairdresser's and get something done to my hair. This time, I decided that I ...
-
Woke up at 4am to catch the finals between Djokovic and Fish. Disappointing. Wanted Fish to win. By the time the match ended, RT was awake a...
-
Caught The Lake House with Shades of Pink last evening. I might as well have spent the time taking the train to Lakeside for a decent dinner...
1 comment:
I like your English lesson, teacher.
He does work in mysterious ways. *Winks*
Post a Comment