Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Just Wait.

Caught The Lake House with Shades of Pink last evening. I might as well have spent the time taking the train to Lakeside for a decent dinner. The show really didn't match up to the 4-star rating it was given. And I seldom come out of a romance flick and go:"Huh? So what actually happened ah? How did that happen? Then liddat means what ah?". Shades of Pink had no idea too.

To be fair, the show did have some moral takeways. It teaches one the virtue of patience.

Just wait.

From the book titled 'Persuasion' by Jane Austen that was featured in the movie to the very end of the movie, the message was clear. Just wait. Apparently, "Persuasion" is about a couple whose relationship didn't work out, but got to meet again later in life, and then dunno what dunno what, then one party spent like half his life waiting for the other or something like that la.

Just wait.

So we waited. For the movie to progress further, and the hope to derive some logic and understanding to what was happening in it.

Then the show ended with Kate (Sandra Bullock) asking Alex (Keanu Reeves) not to look for her, but to wait for her. At where else, but the Lake House.

Just wait.

Wait already then? Meet lor. How can end the show with them just waiting? So meet la. Good things must wait what. Bleah! If only life were that simple.

Anyway, the minute I got out of the cinema, I texted a friend (whom I knew plans on watching the show) not to bother watching it.

Just wait......for the DVD to come out.

9 comments:

Shades of Pink said...

Yea dear, just wait.

The best thing that came out of the show frankly, was the oh-so-yummy Nachos with melted cheese.

And our usual hyena laughter. Ok fine, MY usual hyena laughter.

P.S. Can I say that the way you say 'so yummy' is very sexy? Like if I were a guy, I would get turned on?

P.P.S No, I'm not about to go to the other side don't worry. I just pay compliments when they are due.

P.P.P.S If you get swarmped by requests for you to say 'so yummy', remember to pay me some royalties. A cute guy with royal blue eyes would be nice.

P.P.P.P.S That's all, lest you come steal my keyboard away.

Purples said...

Ya, the Nachos were very yummy! The cheese must have drowned the 'cao gua sng' smell that initially welcomed us.

Going to the other side? Like many other things, never say never hor. :)

Shades of Pink said...

Okay, fine.

So I be open and ask. Can I date you?

Hur hur hur.... =)

Purples said...

Never say never. But for now, I am very much men-oriented. :p

Wait la. See how later. Wait. Just wait.

Shades of Pink said...

I had a sense that that was coming.....

I'll be waiting. I'll be waiting. I'll be waiting.

.................

Nick! said...

spoiler la u...ahaha...i wanted to go buy the dvd, now i think dvd also save.

Purples said...

hahahah. Good idea. Save the money la. The show's really crap. Wait for a better romantic flick.

miss ene said...

I can't believe you watched it! The trailers already looked bad. Someone would have to like, drag me kicking and screaming before I'd even watch the show. Tee hee hee.

Shades of Pink said...

Hey Ene,

It was really quite bad, trust me.

You saved yourself a 7 good bucks. Purples and myself were laughing at how ridiculous the show was. And we were laughing at the whole plot, asking each other questions and going 'Huh?' throughout the entire show.

Best part is some people said they cried while watching it. Frankly, the only tears I'd possibly shed is due to the wasting my good 7 bucks. Hur hur hur.

Speed was a gozillion times better.

My Middle Child

My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...