Spent the last weekend shopping and shopping and shopping, cos I felt really cheated. And that's because 3 weeks ago, I had bought quite a few pieces of work clothes from G2000, thinking that at a 40% discount and an additional 15% discount (with the member's card), it was a pretty good deal. And then, just last weekend, they had a sign on their stores which read: "FINAL sale". And the prices were even lower than they were at 40%+15% discount! To make matters worse, I saw a pair of berms I had bought just a week ago at a further discount from the price I had paid!
Anyway, since there was islandwide sale, Final Sale, National Day 41% Sale, I decided to get a blouse I had seen the week before at JL. I mean, there couldn't possibly be any further sale right? GSS was over, and "FINAL sales" signages were everywhere. So I made more purchases at JL.
Just at that point when I thought things couldn't get any worse, they did. I found out later when I was at Robinsons that same day that JL was gonna have a storewide sale on National Day itself! And there were some stuff I bought at JL that was also available at Robinsons. And Robinsons was having a 20% storewide sale. Suay right?
Lesson learnt: Listen to what my last movie (The Lake House) taught me.
Just wait.
But hor, come Monday, Jol decided to go get some facial products from Robinsons. She was waiting for the storewide sale to begin (smart girl). So we went to the cosmetic counter and asked for the mask.
Jol: How much is this?
Salesgirl: $69
Jol: There's a 20% storewide discount on top of that right?
Salesgirl: Oh, no more already. The sale ended yesterday. 3 days only.
Jol (to us): ???????? I purposely waited for the sale leh!
Hahahahah. Sorry Jol. Can't help laughing. After what's happened to me, this was really quite funny. I guess I'm not the only victim after all.
Question: So wait or don't wait ah?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Middle Child
My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...
-
Sometimes, when I get bored, I get the urge to head to the hairdresser's and get something done to my hair. This time, I decided that I ...
-
Woke up at 4am to catch the finals between Djokovic and Fish. Disappointing. Wanted Fish to win. By the time the match ended, RT was awake a...
-
Caught The Lake House with Shades of Pink last evening. I might as well have spent the time taking the train to Lakeside for a decent dinner...
3 comments:
Woot...someone's finally learnt how to link up them posts.
Congrats!
I always say, if it's still there, it's fated to be yours. If it's gone / sale ended, then perhaps it's not meant to be.
Shopping never jio!
Ya, I learn myself faster than learn from you.
I figured that if I had waited, there probably wouldn't be sizes left. :) Like how the blouse from JL was the LAST piece.
And you always either busy or going out with dunno who la duuno where la, so never jio lor.
Eh....c'mon lah - I already said that the best teacher in the world also no point if the student sucks! =P But good that you picked it up! Hooray! \m/
You don't lie lah, you had somebody's company for shopping right??? I where got so busy one? Yah, actually I am THAT busy, it's a public holiday and I'm at work. Go figure... =(
Post a Comment