I was with Kieran to ELC at Paragon to pick out his birthday present when I overheard this:
Kid: Mummy, why are you always shopping?? (in an exasperated tone)
Mum: But there is nothing else for me to do, darling.
The life of a tai tai.......nothing else for her to do but shop.
Which leads me to another thank you speech I heard at the Singapore Corporate Awards tonight. An award winning CFO makes his acceptance speech and part of it went like this:
CFO: ......I think I have not said this to my wife before. But I want to thank her for giving up her career to look after out 2 daughters. The 3 of you are my inspiration at work.....
Given his title of CFO, I can only imagine what he earns. So his wife giving up her career to be a tai tai is a bad thing???
Oh my.
Thursday, July 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Middle Child
My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...
-
Sometimes, when I get bored, I get the urge to head to the hairdresser's and get something done to my hair. This time, I decided that I ...
-
Woke up at 4am to catch the finals between Djokovic and Fish. Disappointing. Wanted Fish to win. By the time the match ended, RT was awake a...
-
Caught The Lake House with Shades of Pink last evening. I might as well have spent the time taking the train to Lakeside for a decent dinner...
No comments:
Post a Comment