Kieran's vocabulary has expanded. In addition to what he can already say, he now says "Uh-Oh", "Where you go", "ball" "ish" (fish), "chair", "dockor" (doctor), tatak (penguin - don't ask me why). Calls "papa" but not "mummy". WHY??
There's still a lot of signing going on, sometimes coupled with his words. Very cute. What's really impressive is that despite not knowing how to say many other words, he really understands what we are talking about - and this is shown through his association with things. For instance, my parents will be talking about bowling, and he will walk to the bowling ball and look at it. Then just yesterday, he had just woken up and seemed to be chewing something rather uncomfortably in his mouth. So I asked him, "What's in your mouth?" and he pointed to my hair. I think a strand of my hair from his bed got into his mouth.
The other amazing thing is how he remembers stuff. Yesterday I told him we were taking Kaitlyn to the doctor's for an injection. And then in the car I asked," Where are we going Kieran?" And he replied, "Dockor". So I said,"Do you like to go to the doctor's". He shook his head. So I asked, "Where did the doctor check you the last time?" And he pointed to his chest and ears and butt (where the suppository was inserted).
He also recognises nursery rhymes which I hum and communicates what they are with actions! Super cute! I have them on video, but I haven't figured out how to upload them yet. (Haven't tried la. Can't be that dumb not to figure it out).
Speaking of jabs, I hate taking babies to jabs. My daughter will let out a cry and then go silent for almost 15 seconds, and then the actual crying starts! It's hilarious. She recognises people now and tries to grab everything that she sees.
Ok, that's all the time I have for this update. And really, it's so I don't forget all these things when they are all grown up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Middle Child
My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...
-
Sometimes, when I get bored, I get the urge to head to the hairdresser's and get something done to my hair. This time, I decided that I ...
-
Woke up at 4am to catch the finals between Djokovic and Fish. Disappointing. Wanted Fish to win. By the time the match ended, RT was awake a...
-
Caught The Lake House with Shades of Pink last evening. I might as well have spent the time taking the train to Lakeside for a decent dinner...
No comments:
Post a Comment