Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Orh Chaes

Everyday, I discover a new one, you know?

Orh Chae #1 was on my right cheek. Attained when I slipped and fell on the granite floor in my very own house on a Monday morning. Can you imagine? The already smooth granite floor was made smoother and more slippery with the gallons of water left there my the domestic help whilst mopping the floor. So, you can imagine how ugly a sight it was when yours truly fell. And the impact left me right-sidedly bruised.

Other than cursing and swearing, the other first thing to do was to get an ice-pack placed over my right cheek. I could almost immediately feel the sting of the swelling the minute I fell. My office desk mirror inevitably became the most indispensable item at work. And of course, my buddy at work who gave me regular updates on the progress of Orh Chae #1. Survived the day, went home early to rest and started the 1st to 4th disc of a Korean drama.

Woke up on Tuesday morning with a 'sng' shoulder. Sng right shoulder to be exact. Upon checking myself in the mirror, guess what I found? Orh Chae #2. Right at the ball & socket (is it ball and socket?) joint of my right shoulder. Went to work anyhow and went back early again to rest and continue discs 5-11 of the Korean drama.

Wednesday morning. Felt an orh chae kind of pain on my right knee, so I looked and found Orh Chae #3!

Hmmm. Wonder what I'll find tomorrow. Probably "Orh-Chaes #4 & #5" under my eyes on Thurday morning from an overdose of drama from the land of Kimchi.

3 comments:

Shades of Pink said...

Waraoez, you eeesh injury prone just like me!!!

Welcomeeee! =)

Hope they have all gone away by now...

Purples said...

Yup, perhaps it's retribution for laughing at you when you fell the last time. Injuries macam the same, only my skin didn't come off.

You know how orh-chaes are, not so fast heal one...

Shades of Pink said...

Exactly.....take pictures of my fallen self some more!

Retribution - it must be that. =)

Get well soon! At least orh chairs will go away...I've got a horrible scar from that whole episode.

Grrrr!

My Middle Child

My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...