Saturday, January 26, 2013

My Little Miss Independent

At just 2 years of age, Kaitlyn has a mind of her very own, does things independently and has an answer for almost everything.....

Doing Work
Just like in the picture above, she climbs onto my chair, sits at the keyboard, picks up a pen and paper and starts writing and typing. She's all quiet, and when this happens, she's usually up to no good. So I asked, "Kailtyn, what are you doing?"
"I'm doing work." comes her very matter-of-factly reply.

And for a 2 year old, she really can hold a pen well!

Bearing Grudges
I was taking both the older kids to Ikea and asked them to belt up in the booster seats. Kaitlyn refused and our conversation went as such:
Me: You have to put on the seat belt.
Kaitlyn: Dowan
Me: You have to, if not you are going home.
Kaitlyn: Dowan. No need.
Me: If you don't want to belt up, I am going to send you home.
Kaitlyn: Ok, I go home.

So I turn back and headed home. She dropped off (with no tears!) and Kieran and I went off to Ikea. Apparently she sat at the dining table and sulked. And when asked why she came home, she said, "Because I dowan to wear seat belt."

And upon my return that night, while putting them to bed, this feisty little one simply refused me my goodnight kiss.

Crying on Demand
She was reaching for a cup of cold water when Ron said, "Kaitlyn, finish the food in your mouth first. If not, the food will all go into the water. Don't drink it first."

She looks at me and says, "Mummy, Papa scold me. I am going to cry already."
And a few seconds later, she was crying.

Tell me, what do the children of these times eat??

No comments:

My Middle Child

My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...