Half of my maternity leave is gone,
And I'm left with just two months,.
And in these two months I've done,
Some thinking on the stay-home front.
Two weeks the help was homeward bound,
And my domestic-housewife side I found.
Cleaning, washing and babysitting,
With the outside world I lost my footing.
If I were to be a housewife,
It's facing the pot, the mop and knife.
Losing touch with the corporate ways,
And smelling like I haven't washed in days.
So if I had the liberty to choose,
To be a housewife or a working mum.
It's my sanity I don't want to lose,
I'd rather work, than look like I'm from the slums.
Seriously, while the 4 month maternity has its benefits, it makes one realise the beauty of working. Not that I dislike the kid or anything, but facing him 24 hours a day and waking up 3-4 hourly can really drive me nuts. And it's even worse when you're half awake and he fusses, and nothing you do stops the crying.
And housework is no fun.
Having said all these though, remember that housewife is not tantamount to tai tai. A world of difference hor. The latter can hire a confinement nanny for a year, get domestic help and still do her own stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Middle Child
My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...
-
Sometimes, when I get bored, I get the urge to head to the hairdresser's and get something done to my hair. This time, I decided that I ...
-
Woke up at 4am to catch the finals between Djokovic and Fish. Disappointing. Wanted Fish to win. By the time the match ended, RT was awake a...
-
Caught The Lake House with Shades of Pink last evening. I might as well have spent the time taking the train to Lakeside for a decent dinner...
2 comments:
tsk tsk...so poetic le hahaha...
but having said that... i think its so admirable that you can actually morph into this wonderful mother. :)
Post a Comment