For the past 2 weeks, our help returned home to celebrate Hari Raya. So mum and I have been doing the housework.
At 5am when Kieran wakes up to feed, I'll take out the brown rice from the fridge to thaw.
At 6am, mum feeds the dogs with the brown rice and dog food. Then she sweeps the floor and prepares my longan and red date drink, followed by watering of the plants.
At about 7am, I mop the swept floor. (The floor area is so big, sometimes when I'm too tired I just use one squeeze of the mop for the whole area)
Then I take our clothes to soak (I have stained one of RT's brown shirts pink, and tried to bleach it. Didn't work of course). After which, mum and/or I will handwash the clothes and then hang them out to dry (now I know why the help always wants the sun despite the heat).
In the afternoon, mum irons the clothes. (I have ironed one of RT's shirts). At 430pm, the dogs need to be fed again, and walked at 6pm.
All these while having to feed, bathe and put Kieran to sleep.
For 2 weeks, we've been eating "da pau" food.
The car was not washed for 2 weeks. (When mum finally got down to washing it on the 14th day, Ron decided to take over the washing rather than put Kieran to sleep! That's how difficult he can be sometimes)
Am I glad the help is back. :)))
Oh, what chores have the men done in the 2 weeks ah??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Middle Child
My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...
-
Sometimes, when I get bored, I get the urge to head to the hairdresser's and get something done to my hair. This time, I decided that I ...
-
Woke up at 4am to catch the finals between Djokovic and Fish. Disappointing. Wanted Fish to win. By the time the match ended, RT was awake a...
-
Caught The Lake House with Shades of Pink last evening. I might as well have spent the time taking the train to Lakeside for a decent dinner...
4 comments:
my goodness....must be real tiring lor....i think i will go made if i had to do everything while taking care of the baby....even tho thats currently still my life...i hope MR. noes what to do after the baby is born....tsk..
oyster
At least u've mum. I've been doing housework and cooking lunch myself while taking care of Kayla. I'm so used to it already. Anyway, it's going to end soon in less than 2 weeks.
Man doesn't help much as they have higher tolerance for unkempt house. My hubby doesn't understand why the floor has to be mopped daily. He even tells me to nap when the baby is sleeping! So he thinks I'm very free and having a good life at home.
I made the bed once dear.
It was done up in a very unique way, wasn't it? Haha
RT
PS: I agree totally with Sharon's hubby. Why must mop daily???
Sharon: Haha. Ya. Actually nature should be such that man can breastfeed also, then they will know how tiring and difficult it can get.
RT: Floor has to be mopped daily la. Cos very dusty. Plus we got 2 dogs around.
The bed was done quite funnily, really. Who puts the bolster on top of the pillow? And the comforter never fold at the top!
Post a Comment