Sunday, August 03, 2008

Can You Give Her A Home?

Just about 2 hours ago, while leaving for home from Kayestercan's place, my cousin WT found a labrador rummaging through Kayestercan's trashcan. Her mum scolded the dog and it sheepishly crouched down with its face between its paws. The scolding immediately became, "Aiyoh, so cute!" Believe me, she was really cute. And she was lost.

RT, WT, Kayestercan and I gave it some food and water and brought it around the estate, hoping to find its owner. But it was in vain. I called the SPCA (I don't really have a lot of faith in them, but I didn't have much choice) and they told me that I could take the dog down to the pound if I liked. "But we don't reveal the fate of the dog", the guy told me over the phone. "So once you send it over, we have the liberty to do what we deem fit".

RT and I were about to send the dog over when we spotted a police patrol car. We enquired if they could assist with the lost dog. So they called their supervisor and in less than 5 minutes, we had another patrol car arriving and 6 policemen fussing over the dog. (Nice to know that there is still some compassion for animals). They called the SPCA and they agreed to send someone over to pick up the dog. (Now I'm wondering how it is that when I called, I had to bring the dog over? Hmmm). But never mind, my concern was that the dog gets fed and has somewhere to put up for the night.

We waited for the SPCA guys to come, which they eventually did after about 25 minutes. Like the said, they will not reveal the fate of the dog, so I sure hope that SPCA at least puts in some effort in keeping her alive till she finds a good home. Apart from some huge ticks (which I've removed) and a few sores which it probably got from sleeping in the open for the time she was lost, she looks like she's in tip-top condition. She even listens to commands like "Sit" and "Come". You don't even need a leash to take her for walks; she follows alongside you.

She was found around Dalvey / White House Park estate. She even has a collar so I'm sure she belongs to someone. So if you know anyone who's lost a labrador in that area, do get them to pick her up from SPCA. Or if you know of someone who wishes to adopt a Labrador and can care for it, do let them know of this one that's just gone to the SPCA ok? I leave you with some pictures of her.

Here's a picture of her collar. It says "Bucklebone" on the bone-shaped clasp. Will the owner please come for her? I sure hope she wasn't abandoned. So if she was lost, at least call the SPCA or something to TRY and look for her right?

Oh and if you go to SPCA and can't find her, let me know. I will personally call them to demand an explanation. I mean, the dog looks to be in perfect health. The least they could do is put it up for adoption right?

I just spoke to a friend and when I mentioed that she's in SPCA, he went, "Oops. There goes the dog." I hope there's no truth in that statement.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear that poor dog looks malnourished! I hope SPCA doesn't put it down cos i will be very mad if they did. But then, once it goes through their doors...no one knows what will happen to it...sigh...
Fxxx the owners who abandon such a cute dog! Hope they rot in hell

Anonymous said...

if still have collar on, I doubt it was abandoned.. it's most likely a runaway dog.

but yea, I dont have faith in SPCA. She'll probably be put down if there are no takers. KNN.....

Anonymous said...

Blogger, i think your best bet is to take the dog out of SPCA n put it in a boarding kennel for the time-being.

the SPCA will even put healthy puppies to sleep, let alone an adult dog.

seriously, take her out ASAP and put her in a kennel while u search for a home OR a foster home for her in the meantime.

since she's really well-mannered, i'm sure it won't be hard to find a foster home.

Purples said...

Thanks for all your concern. SPCA placed a "FOUND DOG" ad in the Classified and the the owner called up. So the dog's now home with its owner. :))

Anonymous said...

thanks for the update.

was getting quite worried for this poor girl :P

Anonymous said...

From past experience, SPCA will not put down a dog unless it is not healthy or if it has been with them for too long and no1 comes to claim it.

It is not as bad as the stories I have heard.

NCWT

My Middle Child

My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...