Friday, May 02, 2008

The Potential Sin Po Po Bride

After some postponements, I finally made the appointment to select my gowns. My entourage comprised my mum, 2 of my aunts and my 3 year old niece. And just in case you're wondering why I had so many people present, it was to prevent the "Ah-lian" in me from surfacing, which could potentially turn the wedding into a nightclub performance. Of course, RT was there too, and I think he was greatly relieved that I had my aunts and mom involved in the decision making process. To the niece, every piece was "Eeee, so ugly la!"

I eventually settled for a gown that had everyone's concensus. I liked it, but I couldn't understand why everyone didn't like the other two I'd shortlisted - one had an extremely pretty sequinned bodice, but with too many roses on the lower half that resembled unsightly patches (which i quite liked actually); the other had a simple plain bodice with a poofed up ken ken skirt that resembled a tiered cake or a concert curtain (I quite like the curtain effect). "Cannot la, like Barbie doll's clothes", "Like those Sin Po Po outfits you know" were some of the comments.

Nonetheless, after 2 hours of trying various gowns, I decided on the bridal gown and the evening gown. And it felt like I'd gotten a major part of the preparations done. But it just feels like it, cos I know there's still a whole lot more things that need to be done.

To Dr Lee who couldn't make it today, they didn't allow me to take pictures...

4 comments:

Shades of Pink said...

But I like chu as a Sin Po Po bride!!!

Anonymous said...

and I got to know about this event only today!?!??

Ms Anyhow

miss ene said...

You're getting MARRIED?!??!?!! How? When!?! Why never say on blog before?

CONGRATS ANYHOW!! Details! Details!

Purples said...

Shades: No no. Sin Po Po look is not good la.

Ms Anyhow: Happening end of the year, so still early what.

ene: Thanks! Never say before then it comes as a surprise ma. :)Anyhow, will give you more details offline. I've only barely started planning the stuff....

My Middle Child

My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...